* valid HTML 4.01, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
* And most importantly, our data tables now contain heavy use of “scope” and “header” attributes that should make it easier to navigate using screenreaders such as JAWS.
* accessibility of PDFs. We no longer use PDFs that include Type 3 or “bitmapped” fonts.
* As of yet, JAWS does not read mathematical symbols, equations or formulas. We are examining the use of MathML in the future, especially now that Acrobat 6.0 will support more XML within PDFs.
* In order to ensure that the 500 courses we release in September are as accessible as possible, we are working closely with the MIT Adaptive Technology for Information and Computing(ATICLab)